VAN AKEN designed the new datacenter for Turkcell in Gebze. The assignment was very complex due to the location of the plot, right on the North Anatolian Fault, a fault line of more than 1,100 kms from East to West under Northern Turkey. Other complicating factors were the slope of the plot and the fact that the client wished to fit an extensive program in the maximum plot requirement. Also, due to the Uptime requirements there are high standards to the compartmentation of the building.
The design meets the following requirements:
- The design and application need to be TIER-3 certified
- The infrastructure design needs to be TIER-4 ready
- Datacenter has three sided redundant fibre connection
- Green datacenter: LEED Gold certification
- ISO 27001, ISO 50001 certified
- The datacenter withstands an earthquake 9 on the Richter scale.
21,700 m2 | TIER III | LEED Gold